(10-12, 2-9 away)
UNC Asheville 69
(14-10, 9-2 home)
Venue: Kimmel Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
||D Henry 15
||D Henry 6
||R King 6
||K Hornsby 21
||D Cunningham 11
||K Hornsby 4
On Wednesday, February 6th, North Carolina-Asheville took on Winthrop and defeated the Eagles 69-56 in conference action. The Bulldogs were led by Keith Hornsby, who put up a game-high 21 points plus four assists. D.J. Cunningham also had a good outing, scoring eight points and adding 11 rebounds. For the Eagles, Derrick Henry got a team-high 15 points and six rebounds. North Carolina-Asheville (14-10, 8-2 Big South) takes on Virginia Military Institute (11-10, 6-3 Big South) on Friday, February 8th on the road.
North Carolina-Asheville Game Notes
- The last time UNCA started the season 14-10 was 2000.
- The win over Winthrop extended the North Carolina-Asheville winning streak to 6 games.
- The Bulldogs have won 77% of the time this season (10-3) after recording 6 or more blocks.
- UNCA has won every game this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.0% field goal percentage.
- UNCA has won 90% of the time this season (9-1) when opponents record 11 or fewer free throws made.
- This season North Carolina-Asheville has won 88% of the time (7-1) when Jeremy Atkinson has 20 points or more, 71% of the time (5-2) when Will Weeks plays 35 minutes or more, and 80% of the time (4-1) when D.J. Cunningham has 5 blocks or more.
- The Bulldogs set a season high for free throws made (28).
- The last time UNCA recorded at least 28 free throws made was Mar 01, 2012 against Charleston Southern.
- UNCA set a season low for field goals made (18).
- The Bulldogs have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- North Carolina-Asheville has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 6th win of the season where the Bulldogs came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--UNCA has a 13.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Keith Hornsby accounted for 30.4% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (D.J. Cunningham and Will Weeks) accounted for 51.3% of the rebounds.
- Keith Hornsby has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 24 games this season.
- D.J. Cunningham has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 24 games this season.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Keith Hornsby's career.
- Keith Hornsby has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Keith Hornsby had a career high with 10 free throws made.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Jeremy Atkinson's career.
- Jeremy Atkinson has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- D.J. Cunningham recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
Winthrop Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Derrick Henry and Larry Brown) accounted for 46.4% of the points.
- Derrick Henry has led the team in scoring 9 times in 22 games this season.
- Larry Brown has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 22 games this season.
- Derrick Henry has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Joab Jerome.