(13-11, 5-9 away)
(6-18, 5-5 home)
Venue: Ross E. Templeton P.E. Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
||T Newsome 23
||J Hill 5
||T Strange 2
||E Washington 13
||R McTavish 5
||E Washington 5
On Wednesday, February 6th, Gardner-Webb lost a nail-biter to Presbyterian 57-54 in conference play. Tashan Newsome got his third straight game with 22 points or more for the Bulldogs, scoring a game-high 23 points on 62% shooting in 33 minutes. The Bulldogs got a game-high 23 points and two rebounds from Tashan Newsome. Jarvis Davis had 10 points and added three rebounds. Eric Washington finished with a season-high 13 points and five assists (4 Reb 3 Stl) for the Blue Hose. Next up for Gardner-Webb (13-11, 5-5 Big South) is Liberty (8-16, 4-6 Big South) on Saturday, February 9th on their home court.
Gardner-Webb Game Notes
- The Bulldogs have been unlucky 6 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Gardner-Webb is 19-36 in close games.
- Gardner-Webb has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 54 or fewer total points.
- The Bulldogs have lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after having a field goal percentage of 38.5% or worse.
- GWU set season lows for assists (6) and rebounds (25).
- The Bulldogs have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Tashan Newsome accounted for 42.5% of the team's points.
- Tashan Newsome has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 24 games this season.
- Kevin Hartley has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 24 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Tashan Newsome's career.
- Tashan Newsome has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- Tashan Newsome had a career high with 4 three-pointers.
- Jarvis Davis has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Presbyterian Game Notes
- The Blue Hose won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Presbyterian is 22-25 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Eric Washington and Jordan Downing) accounted for 42.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Joshua Clyburn and Ryan McTavish) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
- Joshua Clyburn has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 24 games this season.
- Khalid Mutakabbir has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Khalid Mutakabbir set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- Jordan Downing has 10 straight double-digit point games.