Charleston Southern 53
(12-8, 5-5 away)
Coastal Carolina 73
(11-10, 10-2 home)
Venue: Kimbel Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
||A Harper 21
||P Gombwer 5
||S Nimley 3
||W Gillis 19
||E Hadji Ndieguene 12
||K Greenwood 5
On Wednesday, February 6th, Charleston Southern was outrebounded 47-27 by Coastal Carolina and was trounced by the Chanticleers 73-53 in conference play. The Buccaneers were paced by Arlon Harper, who put up a game-high 21 points and five rebounds. Paul Gombwer had five points and added five rebounds. For the Chanticleers, Kierre Greenwood got 16 points and five assists (4 Reb 4 Stl). The next game will be on Saturday, February 9th when Charleston Southern (12-8, 7-2 Big South) welcomes Campbell (10-14, 5-5 Big South).
Charleston Southern Game Notes
- Charleston Southern has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 53 or fewer total points.
- The Buccaneers have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 31.0% or worse.
- When the opposition records 17 or more free throws made this season, Charleston Southern has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- CSU set a season low for rebounds (27).
- Arlon Harper accounted for 39.6% of the team's points.
- Arlon Harper has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 20 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Arlon Harper's career.
- Arlon Harper has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Mathiang Muo has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Allie Fullah.
Coastal Carolina Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Warren Gillis and Anthony Raffa) accounted for 49.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (El Hadji Ndieguene and Michel Enanga) accounted for 46.8% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (24) than the starters (19).
- El Hadji Ndieguene has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 21 games this season.
- Kierre Greenwood has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Warren Gillis set a career high with 3 three-pointers.
- Anthony Raffa has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- El Hadji Ndieguene recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Michel Enanga recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Michel Enanga.
- Michel Enanga recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.