On Wednesday, February 6th, Coastal Carolina outrebounded Charleston Southern 47-27 and easily defeated the Buccaneers 73-53 in Big South action. Kierre Greenwood played well for the Chanticleers and put up 16 points plus five assists (4 Reb 4 Stl). Warren Gillis had a team-high 19 points and added six rebounds. For the Buccaneers, Arlon Harper got a game-high 21 points and five rebounds. Next up for Coastal Carolina (11-10, 6-4 Big South) is High Point (11-10, 7-3 Big South) on Saturday, February 9th on the road.
Coastal Carolina Game Notes
- Coastal Carolina started 11-10 during the 2007, 2006, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- This was the 6th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, CCAR has been on the winning end of 38 blowout games.
- The Chanticleers have won 88% of the time this season (7-1) after recording 73 or more total points.
- CCAR has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record 53 or fewer total points.
- CCAR has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 31.0% field goal percentage.
- This season Coastal Carolina has won 100% of the time (4-0) when Warren Gillis has 3 three-pointers or more and 75% of the time (6-2) when Kierre Greenwood has 5 assists or more.
- The Chanticleers have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Warren Gillis and Anthony Raffa) accounted for 49.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (El Hadji Ndieguene and Michel Enanga) accounted for 46.8% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (24) than the starters (19).
- El Hadji Ndieguene has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 21 games this season.
- Kierre Greenwood has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Warren Gillis had a career high with 3 three-pointers.
- Anthony Raffa has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- El Hadji Ndieguene recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Michel Enanga recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Michel Enanga.
- Michel Enanga recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
Charleston Southern Game Notes
- Arlon Harper accounted for 39.6% of the team's points.
- Arlon Harper has led the team in scoring 8 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Arlon Harper's career.
- Arlon Harper has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Mathiang Muo has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Allie Fullah.