(24) Marquette 70
(16-5, 4-4 away)
South Florida 47
(10-12, 8-6 home)
Venue: Sun Dome
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
||T Mayo 13
||J Anderson 7
||J Cadougan 5
||Z LeDay 14
||T Fitzpatrick 7
||A Collins 5
On Wednesday, February 6th, No. 24 Marquette smoked South Florida 70-47 in conference action. This one was all Marquette from the opening tip, as they jumped out to a 39-16 halftime lead and then cruised to victory in the second half. The Golden Eagles improve their record to 1-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. The Golden Eagles got the win with 11 points and five assists from Junior Cadougan. Jamil Wilson had 10 points and added five rebounds. For the Bulls, Zach LeDay got a game-high 14 points and five rebounds. The Golden Eagles are on a five-game win streak. Marquette (16-5, 7-2 Big East) gets DePaul (10-12, 1-8 Big East) on their home court on Saturday, February 9th.
Marquette Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:43 left to go.
- The last time Marquette started the season 16-5 was 2007.
- Marquette beat the spread by 19 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Golden Eagles have beaten the spread.
- This was the 5th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Marquette has been on the winning end of 51 blowout games.
- Marquette has won every game this season (5-0) when its three-point percentage has been 35.3% or better.
- The Golden Eagles have won 92% of the time this season (11-1) after recording 70 or more total points.
- Marquette has won 76% of the time this season (16-5) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- Marquette has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 9 or fewer free throws made.
- Marquette has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after holding an opponent to under 34.7% field goal percentage.
- This season Marquette has won 71% of the time (10-4) when Vander Blue has 13 points or more, 75% of the time (6-2) when Junior Cadougan has 4 field goals made or more, and 80% of the time (8-2) when Jamil Wilson has 5 rebounds or more.
- Vander Blue has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 21 games this season.
- Vander Blue has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Otule had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
South Florida Game Notes
- This was the 2nd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, USF has been on the losing end of 16 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Bulls losing streak to 5 games.
- The top two scorers (Zach LeDay and Victor Rudd) accounted for 46.8% of the points.
- Toarlyn Fitzpatrick has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 22 games this season.
|-||S. Taylor Jr.||6||0||1||0||0||0||0|