(24) Marquette 70
(16-5, 4-4 away)
South Florida 47
(10-12, 8-6 home)
Venue: Sun Dome
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
||T Mayo 13
||J Anderson 7
||J Cadougan 5
||Z LeDay 14
||T Fitzpatrick 7
||A Collins 5
On Wednesday, February 6th, South Florida took on No. 24 Marquette and was blown out by the Golden Eagles 70-47 in conference play. The game was never competitive, as Marquette went up 39-16 at the half and never looked back. The Bulls remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-6 for the season. Zach LeDay got a game-high 14 points plus five rebounds for the Bulls. Toarlyn Fitzpatrick scored seven points and added seven rebounds. For the Golden Eagles, Junior Cadougan finished with 11 points and five assists. South Florida (10-12, 1-9 Big East) gets Villanova (14-9, 5-5 Big East) on the road on Saturday, February 9th.
South Florida Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:43 left to go.
- South Florida started 10-12 during the 2007 and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- Prior to this game, USF played 43 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 5-38.
- South Florida has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 47 or fewer total points.
- The Bulls have lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after having a field goal percentage of 34.7% or worse.
- When the opposition records 23 or more field goals made this season, South Florida has lost 89% of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.1% or better this season, South Florida has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records 70 or more total points this season, South Florida has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- The Bulls set a season high for turnovers (19).
- The last time USF recorded at least 19 turnovers was Jan 24, 2012 against Marquette.
- South Florida has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Zach LeDay and Victor Rudd) accounted for 46.8% of the points.
- Toarlyn Fitzpatrick has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 22 games this season.
Marquette Game Notes
- Vander Blue has led the team in scoring 11 times in 21 games this season.
- Vander Blue has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Otule set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
|-||S. Taylor Jr.||6||0||1||0||0||0||0|