(11) Louisville 68
(19-4, 8-3 away)
(12-9, 9-4 home)
Venue: Louis Brown Athletic Center
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, February 06, 2013
||W Blackshear 19
||G Dieng 8
||P Siva 7
||E Carter 13
||W Judge 8
||A Johnson 2
On Wednesday, February 6th, Rutgers lost in a blowout to No. 11 Louisville 68-48 in conference play. This one was close at the half, with Rutgers down by two, but the Cardinals proved to be too much in the second half and ended up winning big. With the loss, the Scarlet Knights go to 1-5 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Scarlet Knights were paced by Wally Judge, who put up seven points and eight rebounds. Austin Johnson had four points and added two rebounds. Wayne Blackshear finished with a career-high 19 points on 64% shooting for the Cardinals. Rutgers (12-9, 3-7 Big East) welcomes 20th-ranked Georgetown (16-4, 6-3 Big East) on Saturday, February 9th.
Rutgers Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:28 left to go.
- Rutgers started 12-9 during the 2010 and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- Prior to this game, Rutgers played 42 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 7-35.
- Rutgers set season lows for assists (7), field goals made (16), field goal percentage (0.32), and total points (48).
- The Scarlet Knights have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 4 games.
- Rutgers has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Rutgers has a 3.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Wally Judge recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 6.
- The top two scorers (Eli Carter and Myles Mack) accounted for 52.0% of the points.
- Eli Carter has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 21 games this season.
- Wally Judge has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 21 games this season.
- Eli Carter has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Jerome Seagears.
- Jerome Seagears had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
Louisville Game Notes
- Gorgui Dieng recorded a team season high in blocks with 6.
- The top two scorers (Wayne Blackshear and Russ Smith) accounted for 48.5% of the points.
- Wayne Blackshear has led the team in scoring 4 times in 23 games this season.
- Gorgui Dieng has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 23 games this season.
- Russ Smith has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Russ Smith set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
|C-||S. Van Treese||6||0||2||0||0||1||0|