(15-6, 3-3 away)
St John's 71
(15-8, 11-4 home)
Venue: Madison Square Garden
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
||O Calhoun 21
||N Giffey 10
||R Boatright 5
||J Sampson 18
||D Harrison 7
||P Greene IV 6
St. John's beat Connecticut 71-65 in Big East action on Wednesday, February 6th. JaKarr Sampson paced the Red Storm and got a team-high 18 points and six rebounds. Chris Obekpa had six points and added four rebounds. Omar Calhoun finished with a game-high 21 points (5 Reb 3 Ast) for the Huskies, making 5 of 12 from three-point range. St. John's (15-8, 7-4 Big East) gets ninth-ranked Syracuse (19-3, 7-2 Big East) on the road on Sunday, February 10th.
St. John's Game Notes
- SJU beat the spread by 8 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Red Storm have beaten the spread.
- The Red Storm have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 43 or more rebounds.
- St. John's has won 80% of the time this season (8-2) after committing 9 or fewer turnovers.
- SJU has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 20 or fewer field goals made.
- This season St. John's has won 75% of the time (9-3) when Phil Greene IV has 10 points or more, 86% of the time (6-1) when JaKarr Sampson plays 36 minutes or more, and 73% of the time (8-3) when D`Angelo Harrison has 4 free throws made or more.
- The Red Storm set a season high for free throws made (24).
- The last time SJU recorded at least 24 free throws made was Feb 20, 2012 against DePaul.
- The top two scorers (JaKarr Sampson and Marc-Antoine Bourgault) accounted for 40.8% of the points.
- JaKarr Sampson has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 23 games this season.
- D`Angelo Harrison has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 23 games this season.
- Phil Greene IV has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- JaKarr Sampson has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for JaKarr Sampson.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Chris Obekpa.
Connecticut Game Notes
- Omar Calhoun recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 12.
- Omar Calhoun accounted for 32.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Niels Giffey and DeAndre Daniels) accounted for 41.4% of the rebounds.
- Omar Calhoun has led the team in scoring 4 times in 21 games this season.
- Niels Giffey has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Omar Calhoun's career.
- Shabazz Napier has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Niels Giffey recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Niels Giffey set a career high with 10 rebounds.
|A||Phil Greene IV||36||10||5||6||0||0||1|