On Wednesday, February 6th, Providence took on No. 17 Cincinnati and got the upset over the Bearcats 54-50 in Big East play. The Friars go to 1-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. The Friars got the win with a game-high 25 points and nine rebounds from Kadeem Batts. Vincent Council had six points. Justin Jackson got five points and nine rebounds for the Bearcats. Next up for Providence (12-11, 4-7 Big East) is South Florida (10-12, 1-9 Big East) on Wednesday, February 13th on the road.
Providence Game Notes
- Providence started 12-11 during the 2009 and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- PC beat the spread by 8 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Friars have beaten the spread.
- The Friars have won 5 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Providence is 22-30 in close games.
- Prior to this game, PC played 39 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 8-31.
- PC has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 50 or fewer total points.
- PC has won every game this season (9-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.5% field goal percentage.
- PC set season lows for three-pointers (2) and three-point percentage (0.118).
- This is the 13th game at home this season--PC has a 8.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Kadeem Batts accounted for 46.2% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kadeem Batts and LaDontae Henton) accounted for 48.3% of the rebounds.
- Kadeem Batts has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 7 times in 23 games this season.
- Bryce Cotton has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Kadeem Batts's career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for LaDontae Henton.
Cincinnati Game Notes
- The Bearcats have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Cincinnati is 34-24 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Sean Kilpatrick and JaQuon Parker) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (JaQuon Parker and Justin Jackson) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Sean Kilpatrick has led the team in scoring 14 times in 23 games this season.
- JaQuon Parker has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 23 games this season.
- Sean Kilpatrick has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- JaQuon Parker recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- JaQuon Parker recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- This was the 5th foul out of the season for Cheikh Mbodj.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Justin Jackson.
- Justin Jackson set a career high with 8 defensive rebounds.