(17) Cincinnati 50
(18-5, 6-2 away)
(12-11, 10-5 home)
Venue: Dunkin' Donuts Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
||S Kilpatrick 13
||J Parker 10
||J Jackson 4
||K Batts 25
||K Batts 9
||V Council 8
No. 17 Cincinnati faced off with Providence on Wednesday, February 6th and was stunned by the Friars 54-50 in conference play. Justin Jackson put up five points plus nine rebounds in the Bearcats loss. JaQuon Parker played his way to a double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds. For the Friars, Kadeem Batts finished with a game-high 25 points and nine rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, February 9th when Cincinnati (18-5, 6-4 Big East) hosts 23rd-ranked Pittsburgh (19-5, 7-4 Big East).
Cincinnati Game Notes
- Cincinnati started 18-5 during the 2010, 2004, 2003, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- The Bearcats have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Cincinnati is 34-24 in close games.
- Cincinnati set season lows for field goals made (18) and total points (50).
- The Bearcats have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- The top two scorers (Sean Kilpatrick and JaQuon Parker) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (JaQuon Parker and Justin Jackson) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Sean Kilpatrick has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 23 games this season.
- JaQuon Parker has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 23 games this season.
- Sean Kilpatrick has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- JaQuon Parker recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- JaQuon Parker recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- This was the 5th foul out of the season for Cheikh Mbodj.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Justin Jackson.
- Justin Jackson had a career high with 8 defensive rebounds.
Providence Game Notes
- The Friars won this one, but have lost 6 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Providence is 22-30 in close games.
- Kadeem Batts accounted for 46.2% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kadeem Batts and LaDontae Henton) accounted for 48.3% of the rebounds.
- Kadeem Batts has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 7 times in 23 games this season.
- Bryce Cotton has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Kadeem Batts's career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for LaDontae Henton.