No. 22 Oklahoma State turned the ball over only nine times and just barely beat Baylor 69-67 in overtime on Wednesday, February 6th. With the win, the Cowboys go to 2-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Marcus Smart played brilliantly for the Cowboys and got a team-high 14 points plus eight rebounds (7 Ast 4 Stl). Michael Cobbins had nine points and added 13 rebounds. Cory Jefferson recorded a double-double for the Bears with 18 points and 11 rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, February 9th when Oklahoma State (16-5, 6-3 Big 12) heads to Texas (10-11, 2-6 Big 12).
Oklahoma State Game Notes
- Oklahoma State started 16-5 during the 2009 and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Baylor extended the Oklahoma State winning streak to 4 games.
- Oklahoma State has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Cowboys have played in 10 overtime games with a record of 7-3.
- The Cowboys have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Oklahoma State is 28-19 in close games.
- The Cowboys have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 42 or more rebounds.
- OSU has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 7 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Oklahoma State has won 81% of the time (13-3) when Markel Brown has 13 points or more, 80% of the time (4-1) when Kamari Murphy has 4 field goals made or more, and 78% of the time (7-2) when Marcus Smart has 5 free throws made or more.
- Oklahoma State has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--OSU has a 17.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Michael Cobbins recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10.
- Marcus Smart tallied a team season high in field goals attempted with 21.
- Michael Cobbins accounted for 30.9% of the team's rebounds.
- Marcus Smart has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 21 games this season.
- Michael Cobbins recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Marcus Smart has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Markel Brown has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Baylor Game Notes
- The Bears have lost 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Baylor is 27-15 in close games.
- This loss extended the Bears losing streak to 3 games.
- Pierre Jackson accounted for 35.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Isaiah Austin and Cory Jefferson) accounted for 52.2% of the rebounds.
- Pierre Jackson has led the team in scoring 13 times in 22 games this season.
- Isaiah Austin has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Pierre Jackson's career.
- Pierre Jackson has 4 straight 20+ point games.
- Isaiah Austin recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Cory Jefferson recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Cory Jefferson recorded a double-double. It was his 7th this season and 8th of his career.