Baylor forced only nine turnovers and lost by a slim margin to No. 22 Oklahoma State 69-67 in overtime on Wednesday, February 6th. The Bears drop to 1-3 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the loss. Cory Jefferson got 18 points and 11 rebounds for the Bears, earning a double-double. Pierre Jackson had a game-high 24 points and added eight assists. For the Cowboys, Marcus Smart finished with a team-high 14 points and eight rebounds (7 Ast 4 Stl). The next game will be on Saturday, February 9th when Baylor (14-8, 5-4 Big 12) hosts Texas Tech (9-11, 2-7 Big 12).
Baylor Game Notes
- The last time Baylor started the season 14-8 was 1996.
- Baylor beat the spread by 5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Bears have beaten the spread.
- Baylor has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Bears have played in 10 overtime games with a record of 7-3.
- The Bears have been unlucky 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Baylor is 27-15 in close games.
- Prior to this game, Baylor played 39 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 12-27.
- The Bears have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- Baylor has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- Pierre Jackson accounted for 35.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Isaiah Austin and Cory Jefferson) accounted for 52.2% of the rebounds.
- Pierre Jackson has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 22 games this season.
- Isaiah Austin has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Pierre Jackson's career.
- Pierre Jackson has 4 straight 20+ point games.
- Isaiah Austin recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Cory Jefferson recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Cory Jefferson recorded a double-double. It was his 7th this season and 8th of his career.
Oklahoma State Game Notes
- Michael Cobbins recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10.
- Marcus Smart tallied a team season high in field goals attempted with 21.
- Michael Cobbins accounted for 30.9% of the team's rebounds.
- Marcus Smart has led the team in scoring 8 times in 21 games this season.
- Michael Cobbins recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Marcus Smart has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Markel Brown has 4 straight double-digit point games.