Iowa faced off with Wisconsin on Wednesday, February 6th and dropped one to the Badgers 74-70 in double overtime. The Hawkeyes remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-5 for the season. The Hawkeyes were led by Aaron White, who put up 13 points and five rebounds. Abodunrin Gabriel Olaseni had six points and added three rebounds. Jared Berggren registered a double-double for the Badgers on 16 points and 14 rebounds. Iowa (14-9, 3-7 Big Ten) gets Northwestern (13-10, 4-6 Big Ten) at home on Saturday, February 9th.
Iowa Game Notes
- The last time Iowa started the season 14-9 was 2003.
- Iowa beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Hawkeyes have beaten the spread.
- Iowa has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Hawkeyes have played in 9 overtime games with a record of 3-6.
- The Hawkeyes have been unlucky 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Iowa is 18-29 in close games.
- The Hawkeyes have lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after having a field goal percentage of 33.8% or worse.
- When the opposition records 74 or more total points this season, Iowa has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 19 or more free throws made this season, Iowa has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 8 or more blocks this season, Iowa has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- The Hawkeyes have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Josh Oglesby recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 11.
- Mike Gesell has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 23 games this season.
- Melsahn Basabe has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 23 games this season.
- Eric May had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- Aaron White has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Melsahn Basabe.
Wisconsin Game Notes
- The Badgers won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Wisconsin is 30-24 in close games.
- Jared Berggren recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 8 and blocks with 7.
- The top two scorers (Ben Brust and Jared Berggren) accounted for 45.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jared Berggren and Ryan Evans) accounted for 46.9% of the rebounds.
- Ben Brust has led the team in scoring 8 times in 23 games this season.
- Jared Berggren has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 23 games this season.
- Jared Berggren recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jared Berggren recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
- Jared Berggren set career highs with 14 rebounds, 8 offensive rebounds, and 7 blocks.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Mike Bruesewitz.
- Ryan Evans set a career high with 5 assists.