Charlotte lost a close one to Temple 89-88 in conference play on Wednesday, February 6th. Pierra Henry put up 14 points plus nine assists (5 Stl 4 Reb) for the 49ers. Chris Braswell also had an excellent outing, scoring a season-high 23 points and adding six rebounds. Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson finished with 11 points and two rebounds for the Owls. Charlotte (17-5, 5-3 A-10) welcomes Virginia Commonwealth (18-5, 6-2 A-10) on Saturday, February 9th.
Charlotte Game Notes
- The last time Charlotte started the season 17-5 was 2009.
- Charlotte beat the spread by 8.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the 49ers have beaten the spread.
- The 49ers have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Charlotte is 27-31 in close games.
- When the opposition records 20 or more free throws made this season, Charlotte has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- The 49ers set season highs for field goals made (32), three-point percentage (0.7), and total points (88).
- The last time Charlotte recorded at least 32 field goals made was Jan 08, 2011 against St. Bonaventure.
- Charlotte set a season low for blocks (0).
- Chris Braswell recorded a team season high in points with 23.
- Pierra Henry tallied a team season high in assists with 9.
- The top two scorers (Chris Braswell and Pierra Henry) accounted for 42.0% of the points.
- Chris Braswell has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 9 times in 22 games this season.
- Pierra Henry had a career high with 9 assists.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Chris Braswell's career.
Temple Game Notes
- The Owls won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Temple is 38-19 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Khalif Wyatt and Jake O`Brien) accounted for 52.8% of the points.
- Khalif Wyatt has led the team in scoring 13 times in 22 games this season.
- Anthony Lee has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of Khalif Wyatt's career.
- Khalif Wyatt has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Jake O`Brien's career.
- Jake O`Brien set a career high with a 80% field goal percentage.