On Wednesday, February 6th, Temple narrowly beat Charlotte 89-88 in conference play. Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson played brilliantly for the Owls and put up 11 points and two rebounds. Jake O`Brien had a season-high 22 points and added five rebounds. For the 49ers, Pierra Henry got 14 points and nine assists (5 Stl 4 Reb). Temple (15-7, 4-4 A-10) gets Dayton (13-9, 3-5 A-10) on the road on Saturday, February 9th.
Temple Game Notes
- The last time Temple started the season 15-7 was 1998.
- The Owls have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Temple is 38-19 in close games.
- The Owls have won every game this season (8-0) after recording 10 or more steals.
- Temple has won every game this season (9-0) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- Temple has won 80% of the time this season (8-2) when its three-point percentage has been 36.8% or better.
- Temple has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 29 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Temple has won 79% of the time (11-3) when Anthony Lee has 4 field goals made or more, 71% of the time (10-4) when Scootie Randall has 5 rebounds or more, and 92% of the time (11-1) when Khalif Wyatt has 4 assists or more.
- The Owls set season highs for field goals made (31), field goal percentage (0.534), and total points (89).
- The last time Temple had a field goal percentage of 53.4% or higher was Feb 18, 2012 against Duquesne.
- Temple set a season low for rebounds (25).
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Temple has a 7.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Khalif Wyatt and Jake O`Brien) accounted for 52.8% of the points.
- Khalif Wyatt has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 22 games this season.
- Anthony Lee has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of Khalif Wyatt's career.
- Khalif Wyatt has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Jake O`Brien's career.
- Jake O`Brien had a career high with a 80% field goal percentage.
Charlotte Game Notes
- The 49ers have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Charlotte is 27-31 in close games.
- Chris Braswell recorded a team season high in points with 23.
- Pierra Henry tallied a team season high in assists with 9.
- The top two scorers (Chris Braswell and Pierra Henry) accounted for 42.0% of the points.
- Chris Braswell has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 9 times in 22 games this season.
- Pierra Henry set a career high with 9 assists.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Chris Braswell's career.