Vermont squared off with New Hampshire on Wednesday, February 6th and punished the Wildcats 63-48 in conference action. Vermont jumped out to a huge 34-16 lead at halftime and never let up. With the win, the Catamounts remain unbeaten against New Hampshire this season at 2-0. The Catamounts got the win with a game-high 16 points and two rebounds from Luke Apfeld. Brian Voelkel had two points and added 14 rebounds. For the Wildcats, Patrick Konan finished with a team-high 15 points and five rebounds. Vermont (15-7, 8-2 America East) takes on Maryland-Baltimore County (6-17, 4-6 America East) on Saturday, February 9th on the road.
Vermont Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:08 left to go.
- The win over New Hampshire extended the Vermont winning streak to 3 games.
- The Catamounts have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 14 or more assists.
- Vermont has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) when its field goal percentage has been 46.7% or better.
- UVM has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 48 or fewer total points.
- UVM has won every game this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 21.4% three-point percentage.
- This season Vermont has won 80% of the time (8-2) when Clancy Rugg has 13 points or more and 75% of the time (12-4) when Brian Voelkel has 4 assists or more.
- The Catamounts have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--UVM has a 10.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Luke Apfeld and Clancy Rugg) accounted for 46.0% of the points.
- Brian Voelkel accounted for 41.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Luke Apfeld has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 22 games this season.
- Brian Voelkel has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 22 games this season.
- Brian Voelkel recorded the 37th double-digit rebound game of his career.
New Hampshire Game Notes
- Patrick Konan accounted for 31.2% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Chris Pelcher and Patrick Konan) accounted for 40.7% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (13) than the starters (11).
- The bench recorded more points (27) than the starters (21).
- Patrick Konan has led the team in scoring 4 times in 22 games this season.
- Chris Pelcher has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 22 games this season.