(18-7, 9-3 away)
Venue: Retriever Activities Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
||J Iati 14
||P Hooley 8
||P Hooley 6
||C Plummer 15
||R Cook 8
||A Satchell 3
On Wednesday, February 6th, Albany pounded Maryland-Baltimore County 79-56 in America East action. Everything went right for Albany in this one, as they led 36-19 at the half and didn't let up in the second half. With a record of 2-0, the Great Danes remain unbeaten against Maryland-Baltimore County this season. Mike Black put on a show for the Great Danes and put up nine points and four rebounds. Peter Hooley had 10 points and added eight rebounds. For the Retrievers, Chase Plummer finished with a game-high 15 points and five rebounds (3 Blk 3 Stl). Albany (18-7, 7-4 America East) heads to Maine (8-15, 3-7 America East) on Saturday, February 9th.
Albany Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:03 left to go.
- The last time Albany started the season 18-7 was 2006.
- This was the 3rd blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Albany has been on the winning end of 14 blowout games.
- The Great Danes have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 7 or more steals.
- Albany has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 35.6% field goal percentage.
- Albany has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) when opponents record 21 or fewer field goals made.
- This season Albany has won 100% of the time (13-0) when Jacob Iati has 14 points or more and 81% of the time (13-3) when Sam Rowley has 6 rebounds or more.
- The Great Danes set season highs for blocks (5) and turnovers (18).
- Sam Rowley recorded a team season high in steals with 5.
- Jacob Iati has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 25 games this season.
- Peter Hooley has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 25 games this season.
- Sam Rowley had a career high with 5 steals.
Maryland-Baltimore County Game Notes
- This was the 2nd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, UMBC has been on the losing end of 27 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Chase Plummer and Brian Neller) accounted for 48.2% of the points.
- Chase Plummer has led the team in scoring 7 times in 23 games this season.
- Ryan Cook has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 23 games this season.
- Brian Neller has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Chase Plummer has 9 straight double-digit point games.