Boise State 62
(15-7, 5-6 away)
San Diego State 63
(17-5, 11-2 home)
Venue: Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl
11:00PM ET / 8:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
|San Diego State
||D Marks 16
||R Watkins 9
||D Marks 7
|San Diego State
||J Rahon 16
||J Franklin 8
||C Tapley 5
Boise State faced off with San Diego State on Wednesday, February 6th and lost a close one to the Aztecs 63-62 in conference play. The Broncos got a good effort from Kenny Buckner, who put up 10 points and seven rebounds. Derrick Marks had 16 points. For the Aztecs, James Rahon finished with a team-high 16 points and five rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, February 9th when Boise State (15-7, 3-5 MWC) hosts Wyoming (16-6, 2-6 MWC).
Boise State Game Notes
- BSU beat the spread by 7.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Broncos have beaten the spread.
- The Broncos have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Boise State is 26-28 in close games.
- Boise State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 62 or fewer total points.
- BSU set a season low for steals (3).
- Boise State has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 6 games.
- The top two scorers (Mikey Thompson and Derrick Marks) accounted for 51.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ryan Watkins and Kenny Buckner) accounted for 45.7% of the rebounds.
- Ryan Watkins has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 22 games this season.
San Diego State Game Notes
- The Aztecs won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, San Diego State is 39-18 in close games.
- The top two scorers (James Rahon and Jamaal Franklin) accounted for 47.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jamaal Franklin and Winston Shepard) accounted for 42.4% of the rebounds.
- Jamaal Franklin has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 22 games this season.
- Jamaal Franklin has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- J.J. O`Brien has 4 straight double-digit point games.