Boise State 62
(15-7, 5-6 away)
San Diego State 63
(17-5, 11-2 home)
Venue: Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl
11:00PM ET / 8:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
|San Diego State
||D Marks 16
||R Watkins 9
||D Marks 7
|San Diego State
||J Rahon 16
||J Franklin 8
||C Tapley 5
San Diego State squared off with Boise State on Wednesday, February 6th and slipped by the Broncos 63-62 in conference action. James Rahon led the Aztecs and put up a team-high 16 points and five rebounds. Jamaal Franklin had 14 points and added eight rebounds. Kenny Buckner finished with 10 points and seven rebounds for the Broncos. This makes three wins in a row for the Aztecs. San Diego State (17-5, 5-3 MWC) takes on Fresno State (8-13, 2-6 MWC) on Saturday, February 9th on their home court.
San Diego State Game Notes
- The last time SDSU started the season 17-5 was 2008.
- The Aztecs have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, San Diego State is 39-18 in close games.
- San Diego State has won every game this season (10-0) when its field goal percentage has been 46.2% or better.
- The Aztecs have won every game this season (8-0) after recording 7 or more three-pointers.
- SDSU has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 6 or fewer free throws made.
- SDSU has won 93% of the time this season (14-1) after holding an opponent to under 40.0% field goal percentage.
- This season San Diego State has won 88% of the time (14-2) when Jamaal Franklin has 14 points or more and 81% of the time (13-3) when Chase Tapley has 4 field goals made or more.
- San Diego State has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--SDSU has a 16.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (James Rahon and Jamaal Franklin) accounted for 47.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jamaal Franklin and Winston Shepard) accounted for 42.4% of the rebounds.
- Jamaal Franklin has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 22 games this season.
- Jamaal Franklin has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- J.J. O`Brien has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Boise State Game Notes
- The Broncos have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Boise State is 26-28 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Mikey Thompson and Derrick Marks) accounted for 51.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ryan Watkins and Kenny Buckner) accounted for 45.7% of the rebounds.
- Ryan Watkins has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 22 games this season.