Southern Miss 58
(18-5, 9-5 away)
Venue: UCF Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
||J Mills 15
||J Mills 9
||N Watson 5
||T Spurlock 18
||K Clanton 9
||I Sykes 4
On Wednesday, February 6th, UCF nipped Southern Miss 60-58 in C-USA action. The Knights got the win with a game-high 18 points and seven rebounds from Tristan Spurlock. Isaiah Sykes had 12 points and added eight rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl). For the Golden Eagles, Jonathan Mills finished with a team-high 15 points and nine rebounds. UCF (16-6, 6-2 C-USA) gets East Carolina (13-8, 4-4 C-USA) on their home court on Saturday, February 9th.
UCF Game Notes
- UCF started 16-6 during the 2011 and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- UCF beat the spread by 4 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Knights have beaten the spread.
- The Knights have won 5 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, UCF is 23-26 in close games.
- The Knights have won every game this season (7-0) after recording 16 or more free throws made.
- UCF has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when its three-point percentage has been 47.1% or better.
- UCF has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) after committing 16 or fewer turnovers.
- UCF has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record 58 or fewer total points.
- UCF has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 36.2% field goal percentage.
- This season UCF has won 88% of the time (14-2) when Isaiah Sykes has 12 points or more, 100% of the time (4-0) when Matt Williams has 3 three-pointers or more, and 79% of the time (11-3) when Keith Clanton has 9 rebounds or more.
- The Knights set a season high for blocks (11).
- The last time UCF recorded at least 11 blocks was Nov 12, 2011 against St. Thomas (FL).
- This is the 15th game at home this season--UCF has a 8.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Keith Clanton recorded a team season high in blocks with 7.
- The top two scorers (Tristan Spurlock and Calvin Newell Jr.) accounted for 51.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Keith Clanton and Isaiah Sykes) accounted for 48.5% of the rebounds.
- Tristan Spurlock has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 22 games this season.
- Keith Clanton has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 22 games this season.
- Isaiah Sykes has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Tristan Spurlock had a career high with 3 three-pointers.
- Keith Clanton had a career high with 4 steals.
Southern Miss Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jonathan Mills and Dwayne Davis) accounted for 43.1% of the points.
- Jonathan Mills has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 9 times in 23 games this season.
- Jerrold Brooks has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Dwayne Davis has 6 straight double-digit point games.
|B||C. Newell Jr.||32||13||2||3||0||0||3|