Southern Miss 58
(18-5, 9-5 away)
Venue: UCF Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
||J Mills 15
||J Mills 9
||N Watson 5
||T Spurlock 18
||K Clanton 9
||I Sykes 4
Southern Miss lost by a slim margin to UCF 60-58 in conference play on Wednesday, February 6th. The Golden Eagles got a team-high 15 points and nine rebounds from Jonathan Mills. Daveon Boardingham had eight points and added five rebounds. For the Knights, Tristan Spurlock finished with a game-high 18 points and seven rebounds. Next up for Southern Miss (18-5, 7-1 C-USA) is Memphis (18-3, 7-0 C-USA) on Saturday, February 9th at home.
Southern Miss Game Notes
- The last time USM started the season 18-5 was 2010.
- Southern Miss has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 58 or fewer total points.
- The Golden Eagles have lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after having a field goal percentage of 36.2% or worse.
- The Golden Eagles have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Jonathan Mills and Dwayne Davis) accounted for 43.1% of the points.
- Jonathan Mills has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 9 times in 23 games this season.
- Jerrold Brooks has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Dwayne Davis has 6 straight double-digit point games.
UCF Game Notes
- The Knights won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, UCF is 23-26 in close games.
- Keith Clanton recorded a team season high in blocks with 7.
- The top two scorers (Tristan Spurlock and Calvin Newell Jr.) accounted for 51.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Keith Clanton and Isaiah Sykes) accounted for 48.5% of the rebounds.
- Tristan Spurlock has led the team in scoring 3 times in 22 games this season.
- Keith Clanton has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 22 games this season.
- Isaiah Sykes has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Tristan Spurlock set a career high with 3 three-pointers.
- Keith Clanton set a career high with 4 steals.
|B||C. Newell Jr.||32||13||2||3||0||0||3|