Georgia State 72
(12-13, 4-8 away)
UNC Wilmington 76
(9-14, 8-2 home)
Venue: Trask Coliseum
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
||R Hunter 26
||J Vincent 7
||D White 4
||C Ponder 17
||K Rendleman 10
||C Dixon 5
On Wednesday, February 6th, Georgia State fell to North Carolina-Wilmington 76-72 in conference play. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. R.J. Hunter put up his third straight game with 26 points or more for the Panthers, scoring a game-high 26 points (5 Stl 3 Ast) on 56% shooting in 35 minutes. The Panthers got a good performance from R.J. Hunter, who got a game-high 26 points (5 Stl 3 Ast), with 18 coming from three-point range. Devonta White also had a strong game, scoring 19 points and adding four assists. Cedrick Williams got 14 points and six rebounds for the Seahawks. Georgia State (12-13, 7-5 CAA) takes on Towson (12-12, 7-4 CAA) on Saturday, February 9th on their home court.
Georgia State Game Notes
- The Panthers have been unlucky 7 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Georgia State is 32-47 in close games.
- Georgia State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after committing 8 or more turnovers.
- Georgia State has lost 83% of the time this season (2-10) after recording 11 or fewer assists.
- When the opposition records 76 or more total points this season, Georgia State has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, Georgia State has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 52.9% or better this season, Georgia State has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- The Panthers have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- R.J. Hunter accounted for 36.1% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (James Vincent and Manny Atkins) accounted for 48.1% of the rebounds.
- R.J. Hunter has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 25 games this season.
- James Vincent has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 25 games this season.
- Devonta White has 20 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of R.J. Hunter's career.
- R.J. Hunter has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- Manny Atkins has 5 straight double-digit point games.
North Carolina-Wilmington Game Notes
- The Seahawks won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, North Carolina-Wilmington is 25-27 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Craig Ponder and Keith Rendleman) accounted for 42.1% of the points.
- Keith Rendleman accounted for 30.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Craig Ponder has led the team in scoring 4 times in 23 games this season.
- Keith Rendleman has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 23 games this season.
- Craig Ponder has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Keith Rendleman recorded the 43rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Keith Rendleman has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- Keith Rendleman recorded a double-double. It was his 13th this season and 35th of his career.