Georgia State 72
(12-13, 4-8 away)
UNC Wilmington 76
(9-14, 8-2 home)
Venue: Trask Coliseum
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
||R Hunter 26
||J Vincent 7
||D White 4
||C Ponder 17
||K Rendleman 10
||C Dixon 5
North Carolina-Wilmington beat Georgia State 76-72 in CAA action on Wednesday, February 6th. With the win, the Seahawks even the season series against Georgia State at 1-1. Cedrick Williams played brilliantly for the Seahawks and got 14 points and six rebounds. Keith Rendleman played his way to a double-double with 15 points and 10 rebounds. R.J. Hunter got his third straight game with 26 points or more for the Panthers, scoring a game-high 26 points (5 Stl 3 Ast) on 56% shooting in 35 minutes. R.J. Hunter finished with a game-high 26 points (5 Stl 3 Ast) for the Panthers, making 6 of 7 from three-point range. The next game will be on Saturday, February 9th when North Carolina-Wilmington (9-14, 4-7 CAA) welcomes Hofstra (5-18, 2-8 CAA).
North Carolina-Wilmington Game Notes
- The last time UNCW started the season 9-14 was 2011.
- UNCW beat the spread by 8.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Seahawks have beaten the spread.
- The Seahawks have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, North Carolina-Wilmington is 25-27 in close games.
- This season North Carolina-Wilmington has won 100% of the time (4-0) when Freddie Jackson has 6 rebounds or more.
- The Seahawks set a season high for field goal percentage (0.529).
- The last time UNCW had a field goal percentage of 52.9% or higher was Jan 21, 2012 against William & Mary.
- North Carolina-Wilmington has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--UNCW has a 5.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Craig Ponder and Keith Rendleman) accounted for 42.1% of the points.
- Keith Rendleman accounted for 30.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Craig Ponder has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 23 games this season.
- Keith Rendleman has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 23 games this season.
- Craig Ponder has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Keith Rendleman recorded the 43rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Keith Rendleman has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- Keith Rendleman recorded a double-double. It was his 13th this season and 35th of his career.
Georgia State Game Notes
- The Panthers have lost 7 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Georgia State is 32-47 in close games.
- R.J. Hunter accounted for 36.1% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (James Vincent and Manny Atkins) accounted for 48.1% of the rebounds.
- R.J. Hunter has led the team in scoring 13 times in 25 games this season.
- James Vincent has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 25 games this season.
- Devonta White has 20 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of R.J. Hunter's career.
- R.J. Hunter has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- Manny Atkins has 5 straight double-digit point games.