William & Mary 71
(9-13, 3-10 away)
James Madison 81
(14-11, 10-4 home)
Venue: JMU Convocation Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
|William & Mary
|William & Mary
||M Thornton 22
||T Rusthoven 9
||M Rum 5
||A Davis 27
||C Cooke 8
||D Moore 12
William & Mary faced off with James Madison on Wednesday, February 6th and dropped one to the Dukes 81-71 in conference play. Marcus Thornton led the Tribe and got a team-high 22 points, sinking 5 of 8 from three-point range. Tim Rusthoven also had a decent outing, scoring 11 points and adding nine rebounds. Devon Moore recorded a double-double for the Dukes with 17 points and 12 assists. William & Mary (9-13, 3-8 CAA) gets Northeastern (15-8, 10-1 CAA) on their home court on Monday, February 11th.
William & Mary Game Notes
- William & Mary started 9-13 during the 1999 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- William & Mary has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 7 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition records 81 or more total points this season, William & Mary has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 14 or more free throws made this season, William & Mary has lost 91% of the time (1-10).
- When the opposition records 29 or more field goals made this season, William & Mary has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- The Tribe set season highs for three-pointers (14) and three-point percentage (0.519).
- The last time W&M recorded at least 14 three-pointers was Feb 05, 2011 against North Carolina-Wilmington.
- W&M set season lows for blocks (0) and steals (1).
- Marcus Thornton accounted for 30.9% of the team's points.
- Tim Rusthoven accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Marcus Thornton has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 22 games this season.
- Tim Rusthoven has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Marcus Thornton's career.
- Marcus Thornton has 22 straight double-digit point games.
- Tim Rusthoven has 7 straight double-digit point games.
James Madison Game Notes
- A.J. Davis recorded a team season high in points with 27 and three-pointers with 7.
- Devon Moore tallied a team season high in assists with 12.
- A.J. Davis accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Charles Cooke and Alioune Diouf) accounted for 43.7% of the rebounds.
- A.J. Davis has led the team in scoring 4 times in 25 games this season.
- This game was the 3rd double-digit assist game of Devon Moore's career.
- Devon Moore recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 2nd of his career.
- Devon Moore set a career high with 12 assists.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of A.J. Davis's career.