In a game where they had 15 turnovers, Hofstra lost at home against Northeastern 62-57 in conference play. The Pride remain winless against Northeastern this season at 0-2. Stephen Nwaukoni picked up a double-double for the Pride including a team-high 11 points and 13 rebounds. David Imes also had a decent showing, scoring eight points and adding eight rebounds. For the Huskies, Quincy Ford got 15 points and six rebounds. Hofstra (5-18, 2-8 CAA) travels to North Carolina-Wilmington (9-14, 4-7 CAA) on Saturday, February 9th.
Hofstra Game Notes
- The last time Hofstra started the season 5-18 was 2002.
- Hofstra beat the spread by 2.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Pride have beaten the spread.
- The Pride have been unlucky 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Hofstra is 35-26 in close games.
- The Pride have lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after having a three-point percentage of 23.5% or worse.
- Hofstra has lost 93% of the time this season (1-13) after recording 57 or fewer total points.
- Hofstra has lost 93% of the time this season (1-13) after committing 15 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 9 or more steals this season, Hofstra has lost 88% of the time (1-7).
- When the opposition records 5 or more blocks this season, Hofstra has lost 75% of the time (4-12).
- Hofstra has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 4th loss of the season where the Pride opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Hofstra has a -1.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Stephen Nwaukoni accounted for 32.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Stephen Nwaukoni has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 23 games this season.
- Stephen Nwaukoni recorded the 9th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Stephen Nwaukoni recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 4th of his career.
- Stephen Nwaukoni had a career high with 13 rebounds.
Northeastern Game Notes
- The Huskies won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Northeastern is 41-35 in close games.
- Joel Smith accounted for 30.6% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Reggie Spencer and Quincy Ford) accounted for 46.4% of the rebounds.
- Joel Smith has led the team in scoring 13 times in 23 games this season.
- Reggie Spencer has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 23 games this season.
- Joel Smith has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Reggie Spencer.