Rhode Island 53
(6-15, 2-7 away)
(15-6, 9-4 home)
Venue: William D. Mullins Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
||X Munford 22
||A Malone 7
||M Powell 4
||C Williams 27
||R Putney 7
||C Williams 8
Rhode Island was smoked by Massachusetts 81-53 in conference play on Wednesday, February 6th. Alwayne Bigby put up four points plus five rebounds in the loss. Andre Malone had 10 points and added seven rebounds. For the Minutemen, Chaz Williams finished with a season-high 27 points and eight assists. The Rams are on a five-game losing streak. Next up for Rhode Island (6-15, 1-7 A-10) is St. Bonaventure (10-11, 3-5 A-10) on Saturday, February 9th on their home court.
Rhode Island Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:54 left to go.
- The last time URI started the season 6-15 was 2001.
- Rhode Island has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 53 or fewer total points.
- The Rams have lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after having a three-point percentage of 23.3% or worse.
- Rhode Island has lost 77% of the time this season (3-10) after committing 12 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 16 or more free throws made this season, Rhode Island has lost 90% of the time (1-9).
- When the opposition records 38 or more rebounds this season, Rhode Island has lost 90% of the time (1-9).
- When the opposition records 4 or more blocks this season, Rhode Island has lost 78% of the time (2-7).
- URI set a season low for blocks (0).
- Rhode Island has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Xavier Munford accounted for 41.5% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Andre Malone and Alwayne Bigby) accounted for 44.4% of the rebounds.
- Xavier Munford has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 21 games this season.
- Andre Malone has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 21 games this season.
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of Xavier Munford's career.
- Xavier Munford has 6 straight double-digit point games.
Massachusetts Game Notes
- Chaz Williams accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
- Chaz Williams has led the team in scoring 8 times in 21 games this season.
- Raphiael Putney has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 21 games this season.
- Terrell Vinson set a career high with 3 three-pointers.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Chaz Williams's career.