Rhode Island 53
(6-15, 2-7 away)
(15-6, 9-4 home)
Venue: William D. Mullins Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
||X Munford 22
||A Malone 7
||M Powell 4
||C Williams 27
||R Putney 7
||C Williams 8
On Wednesday, February 6th, Massachusetts blew out Rhode Island 81-53 in conference action. The Minutemen were led by Chaz Williams, who put up a season-high 27 points plus eight assists. Trey Davis had eight points and added three rebounds. Alwayne Bigby got four points and five rebounds for the Rams. Massachusetts (15-6, 5-3 A-10) takes on St. Joseph's (PA) (13-7, 4-3 A-10) on Saturday, February 9th on their home court.
Massachusetts Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:54 left to go.
- The last time UMASS started the season 15-6 was 2006.
- UMASS beat the spread by 20 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Minutemen have beaten the spread.
- The Minutemen have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 19 or more assists.
- Massachusetts has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- UMASS has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 10 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Massachusetts has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Maxie Esho has 10 points or more, 72% of the time (13-5) when Chaz Williams plays 32 minutes or more, and 71% of the time (5-2) when Raphiael Putney has 7 rebounds or more.
- The Minutemen set a season high for three-point percentage (0.474).
- The last time UMASS had a three-point percentage of 47.4% or higher was Mar 09, 2012 against Temple.
- The Minutemen have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--UMASS has a 7.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Chaz Williams accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
- Chaz Williams has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 21 games this season.
- Raphiael Putney has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 21 games this season.
- Terrell Vinson had a career high with 3 three-pointers.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Chaz Williams's career.
Rhode Island Game Notes
- This was the 2nd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, URI has been on the losing end of 9 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Rams losing streak to 5 games.
- Xavier Munford accounted for 41.5% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Andre Malone and Alwayne Bigby) accounted for 44.4% of the rebounds.
- Xavier Munford has led the team in scoring 12 times in 21 games this season.
- Andre Malone has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of Xavier Munford's career.
- Xavier Munford has 6 straight double-digit point games.