St. Bonaventure 58
(10-11, 3-7 away)
(14) Butler 77
(19-4, 12-0 home)
Venue: Hinkle Fieldhouse
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
||D Conger 18
||M Simmons 4
||C Kloof 2
||R Clarke 17
||A Smith 7
||R Clarke 5
No. 14 Butler punished St. Bonaventure 77-58 in conference play on an evening when they scored 33 points from beyond the three-point line. The Bulldogs were led by Rotnei Clarke, who got a team-high 17 points plus five rebounds. Chase Stigall had a season-high 12 points and added four rebounds. For the Bonnies, Demetrius Conger got a game-high 18 points and three rebounds. Next up for Butler (19-4, 6-2 A-10) is George Washington (11-10, 5-3 A-10) on Saturday, February 9th on the road.
Butler Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:37 left to go.
- Butler started 19-4 during the 2009 and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- Butler beat the spread by 7.5 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- The Bulldogs have won every game this season (7-0) after recording 77 or more total points.
- Butler has won every game this season (7-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0% or better.
- Butler has won 83% of the time this season (19-4) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- Butler has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 18 or fewer field goals made.
- Butler has won every game this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 38.3% field goal percentage.
- This season Butler has won 86% of the time (12-2) when Rotnei Clarke has 17 points or more, 100% of the time (10-0) when Khyle Marshall has 5 field goals made or more, and 100% of the time (7-0) when Andrew Smith has 6 free throws made or more.
- The Bulldogs have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Butler has a 14.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Rotnei Clarke has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 23 games this season.
- Andrew Smith has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 23 games this season.
- Rotnei Clarke has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Andrew Smith had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- Khyle Marshall had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
St. Bonaventure Game Notes
- Demetrius Conger accounted for 31.0% of the team's points.
- Demetrius Conger has led the team in scoring 9 times in 21 games this season.
- Marquise Simmons has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 21 games this season.
- Demetrius Conger has 8 straight double-digit point games.