|Illinois State||J Carmichael 17.9||J Carmichael 9.4||K Keane 3.8|
|Drake||B Simons 14.4||J Clarke 8.0||R Carter 3.3|
Drake plays host to Illinois State at Knapp Center on Wednesday. Tip-off is at 8:05 EST and you can catch it on MC22 or ESPN3.com. The Bulldogs defeated the Redbirds 82-77 on January 12th and are 4-5 against them over the past four years.
Drake is in 5th place in the Missouri Valley, Illinois State is in 9th place.
The Bulldogs got past Indiana State 74-71 on February 2nd with the help of 21 points and 5 rebounds from Ben Simons. At 14.4, he paces the team in points per game. For the Redbirds, Jackie Carmichael finished with 15 points and 11 rebounds in the 83-47 blowout of Southern Illinois on February 2nd. He leads the team in points with 17.9 per game, rebounds with 9.4 per game, and blocks with 2.0 per game.
Illinois State StatSmack
- The Drake three-point leader (Ben Simons) has more three-pointers than the Illinois State three-point leader (Tyler Brown).
- Drake is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Drake is 209 lbs compared to 200 lbs for Illinois State.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Drake currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (977 to 973) than Illinois State, per the NCAA.
- Even computers respect Drake more. We have a better RPI this season than Illinois State (RPI: #134 vs #146).
- Drake has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Illinois State according to Kiplinger (65% vs 42%).
- Drake is a better three-point shooting team (39.5% vs 34.6%) than Illinois State this season.
- Boom! Drake defeated Illinois State by 5 points the last time they played (Jan 12, 2013).
- Richard Carter is ranked 10th in the Missouri Valley in assists.
- How does our back look? Drake is ranked higher than Illinois State in the Missouri Valley (#5 vs #9).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Drake has a stronger schedule than Illinois State this season (SOS Rank: #81 vs #135).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Drake has come back to win after being down at half against Illinois State 4 times since 2003.
|D||Gary Ricks Jr.||15||3||1||1||0||0||0|