Vanderbilt vs. LSU: Full Game Preview
|Vanderbilt||K Johnson 14.9||K Bright 5.6||K Johnson 3.2|
|LSU||A Hickey 12.4||J O`Bryant III 8.5||C Carmouche 3.8|
Vanderbilt visits Pete Maravich Center on Wednesday to take on LSU. It takes place at 8:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN3.com. The Commodores are 5-0 against the Tigers over the last four years. The last time they met (2/8/2012) they won 76-61.
Vanderbilt is currently in 11th place in the SEC and LSU is in 8th place.
In spite of 15 points and 7 rebounds from Kedren Johnson, the Commodores came up short 58-54 against Alabama on February 2nd. An integral part of the team, he leads the way in points (14.9), assists (3.2), and steals (1.4). For the Tigers, Johnny O`Bryant III put up 12 points and 12 rebounds in the 69-68 win over Mississippi State on February 2nd. He is averaging 11.9 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 8.5 per game.
LSU has a statistical edge over Vanderbilt in a single key area, scoring, where the Tigers have the upper hand over the Commodores, 71 points per game to 59 points per game.
- Vanderbilt is better under pressure, and has defeated LSU in 4 out of the last 5 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- At least you keep showing up. Vanderbilt has an average margin of victory of 10 over LSU in 23 wins since 1980.
- Vanderbilt embarrassed LSU by 15 points the last time they played (Feb 08, 2012).
- We make basketball players. Over the past 5 years, Vanderbilt has had more players drafted by the NBA than LSU (4 vs 3).
- Vanderbilt has a better scoring defense (61.4 allowed per game vs 68.5 allowed per game) than LSU this season.
- Vanderbilt takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than LSU (6 vs 4).
- Vanderbilt has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (20% vs 69%).
- AP voters think more highly of Vanderbilt and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than LSU (56 vs 37).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Vanderbilt currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (971 to 911) than LSU, per the NCAA.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Vanderbilt has a stronger schedule than LSU this season (SOS Rank: #49 vs #135).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Vanderbilt has come back to win after being down at half against LSU 4 times since 1996.
|B-||J. O`Bryant III||26||12||9||1||1||1||3|
|D+||A. Del Piero||13||4||3||0||0||1||1|