|Southern Miss||D Davis 13.0||J Mills 6.7||N Watson 5.0|
|UCF||K Clanton 16.6||K Clanton 9.3||I Sykes 4.4|
UCF welcomes Southern Miss to UCF Arena on Wednesday. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST. The Knights are 2-5 against the Golden Eagles over the last four years. They fell 78-74 on 2/11/2012, the last time they met.
A win here would help close the gap with Southern Miss in the C-USA, who are in 1st place and just above UCF in 3rd place.
In their last outing, despite 24 points and 9 rebounds from Keith Clanton, the Knights fell to Marshall 75-71 on February 2nd. He leads the team in points with 16.6 per game, rebounds with 9.3 per game, and blocks with 1.9 per game. In a 79-75 victory over UAB on February 2nd, Neil Watson put up 24 points for the Golden Eagles. With 5.0 assists per game and 1.9 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. Southern Miss can be found near the top of the conference standings in the following categories: offensive rebounding percentage at 42.5 and effective field goal percentage at 55.4.
Southern Miss StatSmack
- The UCF scoring leader (Keith Clanton) has more points than the Southern Miss scoring leader (Dwayne Davis).
- The UCF rebounding leader (Keith Clanton) has more rebounds than the Southern Miss rebounding leader (Jonathan Mills).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, UCF has had more players drafted by the NBA than Southern Miss (1 vs 0).
- The UCF steals leader (Isaiah Sykes) has more steals than the Southern Miss steals leader (Neil Watson).
- UCF is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on UCF is 77.4 inches compared to 75.4 inches for Southern Miss.
- UCF is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on UCF is 216 lbs compared to 205 lbs for Southern Miss.
- Isaiah Sykes is ranked 8th in C-USA in points, 7th in C-USA in assists, and 1st in C-USA in steals.
- The UCF blocks leader (Keith Clanton) has more blocks than the Southern Miss blocks leader (Daveon Boardingham).
- UCF has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (62.62% to 56.72%).
- UCF players are more experienced than Southern Miss players (10,502 minutes played vs 7,508 minutes played).
- Keith Clanton is ranked 4th in C-USA in points, 46th nationally in rebounds, and 2nd in C-USA in blocks.
|C+||C. Newell Jr.||32||11||2||2||1||0||2|
|D||Robert King III||2||0||0||0||0||0||0|