|Northeastern||J Smith 16.5||R Spencer 6.2||J Lee 4.3|
|Hofstra||T Buie 14.4||J Hall 9.4||S Mejia 4.1|
On Wednesday, Hofstra welcomes Northeastern at Mack Sports Complex. It takes place at 7:00 EST. The Pride fell to the Huskies 65-60 on January 16th and are 4-6 against them over the last four years.
Northeastern is in 1st place in the conference and Hofstra is in 10th place.
In their last game, David Imes put up 16 points and 7 rebounds in the Pride 72-59 loss to William & Mary on February 2nd. In addition to his 7.2 points per game, he is also chipping in 4.8 rebounds per game. For the Huskies, Jonathan Lee put up 17 points and 5 rebounds in the 59-52 win over Drexel on February 2nd. With 4.3 assists per game and 1.5 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Analyzing the differences between the teams, Northeastern has an edge in one important area, scoring, where the Huskies have the upper hand over the Pride, 69 points per game to 59 points per game.
- Jimmy Hall is ranked 6th in the CAA in rebounds and 8th in the CAA in blocks.
- Hofstra can actually jump, with more rebounds (34.6 per game vs 30.6 per game) than Northeastern this season.
- Hofstra is better under pressure, and has defeated Northeastern in 4 out of the last 7 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Hofstra is better at defending the three (31.6% allowed vs 35.9% allowed) than Northeastern this season.
- Maybe someday you'll play some real competition. Hofstra has a stronger schedule (including future opponents) than Northeastern this season (Projected SOS Rank: #209 vs #226).
- Hofstra has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (53.31% to 44.71%).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Hofstra has come back to win after being down at half against Northeastern 3 times since 2008.
- At least you keep showing up. Hofstra has an average margin of victory of 13 over Northeastern in 17 wins since 1994.
- Taran Buie is ranked 6th in the CAA in three-pointers.
- Stevie Mejia is ranked 4th in the CAA in assists and 1st in the CAA in steals.