|Louisville||R Smith 18.4||G Dieng 9.9||P Siva 6.1|
|Rutgers||E Carter 15.2||D Miller 5.7||D Miller 2.7|
On Wednesday, No. 11 Louisville heads to Louis Brown Athletic Center to take on Rutgers. Tip-off is at 7:30 EST and it can be seen on MASN, MSG+, Big East. The Cardinals are 4-0 against the Scarlet Knights over the last four years. They won 78-66 on 2/4/2012 the last time they played.
Louisville is currently in 3rd place in the Big East and Rutgers is in 11th.
In their last match-up, Russ Smith finished with 18 points and 5 rebounds in the Cardinals 70-51 blowout of Marquette on February 3rd. He contributes a team-high 18.4 points per game and 2.2 steals per game. For the Scarlet Knights, Eli Carter put up 11 points in the 62-54 loss to Cincinnati on January 30th. His 15.2 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
- You get an A for effort, but Louisville has emerged victorious against Rutgers the last 6 times they've played.
- The Louisville rebounding leader (Chane Behanan) has more rebounds than the Rutgers rebounding leader (Dane Miller).
- We win when it counts, too. Louisville has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Rutgers (16 vs 0).
- We make our fans proud. Louisville has a better record at home than Rutgers this season (11-1 vs 8-3).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Louisville has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Rutgers (15 vs 3).
- The Louisville blocks leader (Gorgui Dieng) has more blocks than the Rutgers blocks leader (Kadeem Jack).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Louisville is superior to Rutgers (Latest AP Poll: #11 vs Not Ranked).
- Peyton Siva is ranked 17th nationally in assists and 37th nationally in steals.
- Louisville has a better scoring defense (57.6 allowed per game vs 66.9 allowed per game) than Rutgers this season.
- The Louisville steals leader (Russ Smith) has more steals than the Rutgers steals leader (Myles Mack).
- Chane Behanan is ranked 8th in the Big East in rebounds and 8th in the Big East in steals.
|C||S. Van Treese||13||2||3||0||1||0||0|