|Georgia||K Caldwell-Pope 17.5||K Caldwell-Pope 6.6||C Mann 3.0|
|Tennessee||J McRae 13.9||J Stokes 8.4||T Golden 3.9|
On Wednesday, Georgia visits Thompson-Boling Arena to take on Tennessee. Tip-off is at 8:00 EST and it can be seen on SEC Network. The Bulldogs are 3-5 against the Volunteers over the last four years. They fell 73-62 on 2/4/2012, the last time they met.
Tennessee is in 8th place in the SEC and nipping at the heels of Georgia in 7th place.
In a 67-56 triumph over South Carolina on February 2nd, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope put up 19 points and 7 rebounds for the Bulldogs. An integral part of the team, he leads the way in points (17.5), rebounds (6.6), and steals (2.3). For the Volunteers, Jarnell Stokes put up 18 points and 10 rebounds in the 73-60 loss to Arkansas on February 2nd. With 8.4 rebounds per game and 1.0 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. From a tempo-free perspective, Tennessee is strong in the following categories: free throw rate at 41.9 and defensive rebounding percentage at 72.7.
- Diaper Dandies love us. Georgia has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Tennessee (9 vs 7).
- The Georgia steals leader (Kentavious Caldwell-Pope) has more steals than the Tennessee steals leader (Josh Richardson).
- At least you keep showing up. Georgia has an average margin of victory of 10 over Tennessee in 33 wins since 1980.
- Georgia has a much better Kiplinger In-State Ranking than Tennessee (#8 vs #74).
- Georgia has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Tennessee ($14,766 vs $24,593).
- How does our back look? Georgia is ranked higher than Tennessee in the SEC (#6 vs #8).
- Georgia is better under pressure, and has defeated Tennessee in 5 out of the last 8 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Georgia has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Tennessee according to Kiplinger (51% vs 31%).
- The Georgia three-point leader (Kentavious Caldwell-Pope) has more three-pointers than the Tennessee three-point leader (Skylar McBee).