|Creighton||D McDermott 24.0||D McDermott 7.3||G Gibbs 5.8|
|Indiana State||J Odum 13.9||J Gant 5.1||J Odum 4.4|
Indiana State welcomes No. 16 Creighton to Hulman Center on Wednesday. It gets started at 7:05 EST and you can catch it on KMTV. The Sycamores fell to the Bluejays 79-66 on January 5th and are 2-7 against them over the last four years.
Creighton is holding down the 1st spot in the Missouri Valley, right above Indiana State in 3rd place.
In spite of 16 points from Dawon Cummings, the Sycamores came up short 74-71 against Drake on February 2nd. He tallies 5.6 points per game and also adds 2.8 rebounds per game. In a 75-58 blowout of Bradley on February 2nd, Doug McDermott put up 25 points and 7 rebounds for the Bluejays. With 24.0 points per game and 7.3 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Reviewing current performance metrics, Creighton has an edge in two significant categories. One concern is assists, where the Bluejays hold the advantage over the Sycamores, 18 per game to 11 per game. Additionally, Creighton has an edge over Indiana State in scoring, 79 points per game to 67 points per game. The Four Factors in which Creighton stands out are effective field goal percentage at 61.1 and defensive rebounding percentage at 73.7.
- We beat real teams. Indiana State has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Creighton this season (3 vs 1).
- Justin Gant is ranked 7th in the Missouri Valley in blocks.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Indiana State has a stronger schedule than Creighton this season (SOS Rank: #54 vs #120).
- The Indiana State steals leader (Jake Odum) has more steals than the Creighton steals leader (Grant Gibbs).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Indiana State has come back to win after being down at half against Creighton 5 times since 1997.
- Terre Haute isn't as congested as Omaha (population is significantly lower).
- Jake Odum is ranked 10th in the Missouri Valley in points, 3rd in the Missouri Valley in assists, and 6th in the Missouri Valley in steals.
- At least you keep showing up. Indiana State has an average margin of victory of 7 over Creighton in 22 wins since 1980.