|Memphis||J Jackson 14.1||D Stephens 6.7||J Jackson 4.6|
|Southern Methodist||J Jones 15.3||J Jones 8.1||N Russell 4.3|
On Wednesday, Southern Methodist welcomes Memphis at Moody Coliseum. It takes place at 8:00 EST. The Mustangs are 2-4 against the Tigers over the last four years. They lost 63-45 the last time they played (1/21/2012).
Southern Methodist is currently in 10th place in the conference and Memphis is in 1st.
In their last match-up, Nick Russell finished with 22 points and 5 assists in the Mustangs 84-80 loss against Houston on February 2nd. He contributes a team-high 4.3 assists per game and 1.4 steals per game. For the Tigers, Antonio Barton put up 16 points in the 94-64 blowout of Tulsa on February 2nd. He contributes 1.5 rebounds per game in addition to his 6.6 points per game.
Memphis has a statistical edge over Southern Methodist in one specific area, scoring, where the Tigers have the upper hand over the Mustangs, 74 points per game to 64 points per game.
- The Southern Methodist scoring leader (Jalen Jones) has more points than the Memphis scoring leader (Joe Jackson).
- The Southern Methodist basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Memphis (92% vs 58%).
- The Southern Methodist assist leader (Nick Russell) has more assists than the Memphis assist leader (Joe Jackson).
- The Southern Methodist rebounding leader (Jalen Jones) has more rebounds than the Memphis rebounding leader (D.J. Stephens).
- Southern Methodist is a better free-throw-shooting team (75.8% vs 67.6%) than Memphis this season.
- Nick Russell is ranked 9th in C-USA in points, 5th in C-USA in assists, and 9th in C-USA in steals.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Southern Methodist currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (943 to 1000) than Memphis, per the NCAA.
- Jalen Jones is ranked 3rd in C-USA in points and 5th in C-USA in rebounds.
- Cannen Cunningham is ranked 6th in C-USA in blocks.
|D+||K. Dunleavy Jr.||2||0||0||0||0||0||0|