|UNLV||A Bennett 18.5||A Bennett 8.5||A Marshall 6.2|
|Fresno State||T Johnson 11.9||K Foster 6.2||A Huddleston 1.9|
On Wednesday, UNLV travels to Save Mart Center to take on Fresno State. It gets started at 9:00 EST and you can see it on TWCSN. The Rebels defeated the Bulldogs 82-76 the last time they met (12/3/2008).
UNLV is currently in 4th place in the conference and Fresno State is in 9th.
In spite of 25 points and 6 rebounds from Anthony Bennett, the Rebels came up short 77-72 against Boise State on February 2nd. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 18.5 points per game and 8.5 rebounds per game. For the Bulldogs, Kevin Olekaibe put up 18 points in the 62-50 loss to Air Force on January 30th. He contributes 1.8 rebounds per game in addition to his 8.2 points per game.
Digging into season numbers, UNLV has the advantage in three key categories. The Rebels have the upper hand over the Bulldogs in assists, 17 per game to nine per game. In addition, UNLV has an advantage in rebounding, 41 per game to 30 per game. And lastly, the Rebels have the edge in scoring, 75 points per game to 60 points per game.
Fresno State StatSmack
- Anthony Bennett is ranked 42nd nationally in points, 3rd in the Mountain West in rebounds, and 5th in the Mountain West in blocks.
- Anthony Marshall is ranked 20th nationally in assists and 5th in the Mountain West in steals.
- UNLV takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Fresno State (5 vs 0).
- We beat real teams. UNLV has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Fresno State this season (2 vs 0).
- The UNLV three-point leader (Katin Reinhardt) has more three-pointers than the Fresno State three-point leader (Kevin Olekaibe).
- It's only wins and losses, but UNLV has a better overall record than Fresno State this season (17-4 vs 7-13).
- UNLV can actually jump, with more rebounds (41.8 per game vs 30.7 per game) than Fresno State this season.
- Even computers respect UNLV more. We have a better RPI this season than Fresno State (RPI: #15 vs #162).
- AP voters think more highly of UNLV and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Fresno State (43 vs 0).
- The UNLV scoring leader (Anthony Bennett) has more points than the Fresno State scoring leader (Tyler Johnson).
- Katin Reinhardt is ranked 7th in the Mountain West in three-pointers and 8th in the Mountain West in assists.
|C||Jerry Brown Jr||28||6||5||1||1||1||1|