|UMKC||E Tyler 11.4||F Chatmon 7.6||E Tyler 3.1|
|Houston Baptist||A Bernardi 14.8||A Bernardi 6.4||T Russell 2.6|
On Wednesday, Missouri-Kansas City visits Sharp Gymnasium to take on Houston Baptist. It all starts at 8:05 EST. The Kangaroos fell to the Huskies 63-61 on January 22nd and are 2-1 against them over the last four years. Missouri-Kansas City will be looking to reverse its four-game losing streak
In their last outing, despite 13 points from Estan Tyler, the Kangaroos fell to South Dakota State 88-57 on February 2nd. On top of his scoring average of 11.4 points per game, he delivers 3.1 assists per game. For the Huskies, Art Bernardi finished with 22 points and 12 rebounds in the 66-57 win over New Jersey Tech on February 2nd. He leads the team in points with 14.8 per game and rebounds with 6.4 per game.
Houston Baptist StatSmack
- The Missouri-Kansas City rebounding leader (Fred Chatmon) has more rebounds than the Houston Baptist rebounding leader (Art Bernardi).
- The Summit League has 2 teams - South Dakota (77.9%) and South Dakota State (75.2%) - that shoot a better free throw percentage than the Great West leader, Chicago State (73.5%).
- The top-ranking players between the two conferences for points, rebounds, field goals made, free throws made, three-pointers, assists, steals, and blocks are in the Summit League.
- The Summit League has had 5 more NCAA Tournament teams than the Great West over the past 5 years.
- The Missouri-Kansas City three-point leader (Estan Tyler) has more three-pointers than the Houston Baptist three-point leader (Anthony Hill).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Missouri-Kansas City currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (960 to 918) than Houston Baptist, per the NCAA.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Missouri-Kansas City has a stronger schedule than Houston Baptist this season (SOS Rank: #136 vs #316).
- The Summit League has 4 teams - North Dakota State (48.4%), Nebraska-Omaha (47.4%), Western Illinois (46.8%), and South Dakota State (45.7%) - that shoot a better field goal percentage than the Great West leader, Utah Valley University (45.6%).
- Even computers respect Missouri-Kansas City more. We have a better RPI this season than Houston Baptist (RPI: #260 vs #324).
- The Summit League has a stronger schedule this year compared to the Great West (20 vs 33).
- The Summit League has 2 teams - South Dakota State (73.0) and Oakland (72.7) - that score more per game than the Great West leader, New Jersey Tech (71.2).
|D||R. March Jr.||19||11||2||0||2||0||2|