On an evening when they outscored the Buckeyes 42-21 from three-point territory, No. 3 Michigan edged No. 10 Ohio State 76-74 in overtime. With the win, the Wolverines go to 3-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Trey Burke had a big game for the Wolverines and put up 16 points and eight assists. Mitch McGary also had a strong game, scoring a season-high 14 points and adding six rebounds. For the Buckeyes, LaQuinton Ross got 16 points and five rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, February 9th when Michigan (21-2, 8-2 Big Ten) heads to Wisconsin (15-7, 6-3 Big Ten).
Michigan Game Notes
- Michigan has played in 1 overtime game this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Wolverines have played in 12 overtime games with a record of 10-2.
- The Wolverines have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Michigan is 25-21 in close games.
- Prior to this game, Michigan played 53 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 14-39.
- Michigan has won every game this season (4-0) when its three-point percentage has been 58.3% or better.
- The Wolverines have won every game this season (9-0) after recording 18 or more assists.
- Michigan has won 90% of the time this season (9-1) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- Michigan has won 94% of the time this season (15-1) when opponents record 30 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Michigan has won 100% of the time (17-0) when Nik Stauskas has 11 points or more, 93% of the time (14-1) when Trey Burke has 6 field goals made or more, and 91% of the time (10-1) when Mitch McGary has 6 rebounds or more.
- The Wolverines set a season high for three-pointers (14).
- The last time Michigan recorded at least 14 three-pointers was Feb 21, 2012 against Northwestern.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Wolverines came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--Michigan has a 22.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Tim Hardaway Jr recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 6.
- Tim Hardaway Jr accounted for 30.2% of the team's points.
- Tim Hardaway Jr has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 23 games this season.
- Trey Burke has 23 straight double-digit point games.
- Trey Burke had a career high with 4 three-pointers.
- Nik Stauskas has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Tim Hardaway Jr's career.
- Tim Hardaway Jr had a career high with 6 three-pointers.
Ohio State Game Notes
- The Buckeyes have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Ohio State is 23-23 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Deshaun Thomas and LaQuinton Ross) accounted for 44.5% of the points.
- Deshaun Thomas has led the team in scoring 17 times in 22 games this season.
- Deshaun Thomas has 22 straight double-digit point games.
- Aaron Craft has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Aaron Craft set a career high with 7 defensive rebounds.
- Sam Thompson set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.