Florida State 56
(13-9, 5-3 away)
Georgia Tech 54
(12-9, 12-3 home)
Venue: Hank McCamish Pavilion
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 05, 2013
||M Snaer 15
||O White 10
||M Brandon 5
||B Reed 9
||C Bolden 5
||M Udofia 4
Georgia Tech faced off with Florida State on Tuesday, February 5th and let one slip to the Seminoles 56-54 in conference play. The Yellow Jackets got a team-high nine points and five rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl) from Daniel Miller. Chris Bolden had six points and added five rebounds. For the Seminoles, Michael Snaer finished with a game-high 15 points and four rebounds. Georgia Tech (12-9, 2-7 ACC) heads to Virginia Tech (11-10, 2-6 ACC) on Saturday, February 9th.
Georgia Tech Game Notes
- The last time GT started the season 12-9 was 2002.
- The Yellow Jackets have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Georgia Tech is 21-35 in close games.
- The Yellow Jackets have lost 75% of the time this season (2-6) after having a field goal percentage of 38.0% or worse.
- Georgia Tech has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after recording 1 or fewer blocks.
- When the opposition records 5 or more blocks this season, Georgia Tech has lost 75% of the time (2-6).
- The Yellow Jackets set a season high for steals (11).
- GT set a season low for rebounds (24).
- This is the 4th loss of the season where the Yellow Jackets opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--GT has a 12.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two rebounders (Daniel Miller and Chris Bolden) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
- Daniel Miller has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 10 times in 21 games this season.
Florida State Game Notes
- The Seminoles won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Florida State is 44-23 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Michael Snaer and Kiel Turpin) accounted for 44.6% of the points.
- Okaro White accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Michael Snaer has led the team in scoring 10 times in 22 games this season.
- Okaro White has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 22 games this season.
- Okaro White recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Okaro White set a career high with 9 defensive rebounds.
|B||T. Whisnant II||15||2||2||2||2||0||0|
|-||S. Poole, Jr.||4||1||1||0||0||0||0|