Florida State won a nail-biter over Georgia Tech 56-54 in conference action on Tuesday, February 5th. Michael Snaer led the Seminoles and got a game-high 15 points and four rebounds. Boris Bojanovsky also had a solid game, scoring a season-high 10 points and adding three rebounds. For the Yellow Jackets, Daniel Miller finished with a team-high nine points and five rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl). Next up for Florida State (13-9, 5-4 ACC) is Wake Forest (10-12, 3-7 ACC) on Saturday, February 9th on the road.
Florida State Game Notes
- Florida State started 13-9 during the 2007 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- FSU beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Seminoles have beaten the spread.
- The Seminoles have won 6 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Florida State is 44-23 in close games.
- Florida State has won every game this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0% or better.
- The Seminoles have won 86% of the time this season (12-2) after recording 5 or more blocks.
- FSU has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 1 or fewer blocks.
- FSU has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) after holding an opponent to under 38.0% field goal percentage.
- This season Florida State has won 90% of the time (9-1) when Michael Snaer has 15 points or more and 100% of the time (4-0) when Kiel Turpin has 5 rebounds or more.
- The Seminoles have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Florida State has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 4th win of the season where the Seminoles came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Michael Snaer and Kiel Turpin) accounted for 44.6% of the points.
- Okaro White accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Michael Snaer has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 22 games this season.
- Okaro White has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 22 games this season.
- Okaro White recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Okaro White had a career high with 9 defensive rebounds.
Georgia Tech Game Notes
- The Yellow Jackets have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Georgia Tech is 21-35 in close games.
- The top two rebounders (Daniel Miller and Chris Bolden) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
- Daniel Miller has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 10 times in 21 games this season.