Wichita State 62
(19-5, 6-4 away)
Southern Illinois 64
(9-14, 5-5 home)
Venue: SIU Arena
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, February 05, 2013
||D Williams 15
||D Williams 7
||M Armstead 6
||T Lindsay 14
||J Early 7
||J Pendleton 2
Though they were a 10-point favorite coming into the game, Wichita State lost by a slim margin to Southern Illinois 64-62 in conference play. The Shockers tie the season series against Southern Illinois at 1-1 with the loss. Demetric Williams put up a game-high 15 points and seven rebounds for the Shockers. Tekele Cotton had 10 points and added three rebounds. For the Salukis, Jalen Pendleton finished with eight points and two rebounds. Next up for Wichita State (19-5, 8-4 The Valley) is Missouri State (7-17, 5-7 The Valley) on Saturday, February 9th at home.
Wichita State Game Notes
- Wichita State started 19-5 during the 2009 and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- The Shockers have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Wichita State is 25-31 in close games.
- The Shockers set a season high for three-point percentage (0.5).
- WSU set a season low for steals (1).
- This is the 1st loss of the season where the Shockers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Demetric Williams and Tekele Cotton) accounted for 40.3% of the points.
- Demetric Williams has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 24 games this season.
- Demetric Williams had career highs with 3 three-pointers, 7 rebounds, and 7 defensive rebounds.
Southern Illinois Game Notes
- The Salukis won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Southern Illinois is 19-32 in close games.
- The top two rebounders (Jeff Early and Anthony Beane Jr.) accounted for 40.7% of the rebounds.
- Jeff Early has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 23 games this season.
- Desmar Jackson has 4 straight double-digit point games.
|C||Fred Van Vleet||13||4||1||2||0||0||1|
|B-||A. Beane Jr.||24||8||4||1||0||1||1|