Missouri State 37
(7-17, 1-11 away)
Northern Iowa 48
(13-11, 11-3 home)
Venue: McLeod Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 05, 2013
||A Downing 9
||D Wilson 7
||M Marshall 2
||A James 14
||A James 10
||C Rank 3
On Tuesday, February 5th, Missouri State shot just 27% from the field and stumbled against Northern Iowa 48-37 in conference play. Drew Wilson put up two points plus seven rebounds for the Bears. Christian Kirk had eight points and added three rebounds. Anthony James recorded a double-double for the Panthers with a game-high 14 points and 10 rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, February 9th when Missouri State (7-17, 5-7 The Valley) goes to Wichita State (19-5, 8-4 The Valley).
Missouri State Game Notes
- MSU beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Bears have beaten the spread.
- Missouri State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 4 or fewer free throws made.
- The Bears have lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after having a three-point percentage of 14.3% or worse.
- When the opposition records 11 or more free throws made this season, Missouri State has lost 83% of the time (3-15).
- MSU set season lows for blocks (0), field goals made (15), field goal percentage (0.273), and total points (37).
- The Bears have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 6 games.
- Missouri State has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Downing and Dorrian Williams) accounted for 45.9% of the points.
- Anthony Downing has led the team in scoring 14 times and in rebounding 7 times in 24 games this season.
Northern Iowa Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Anthony James and Jake Koch) accounted for 52.0% of the points.
- Anthony James accounted for 32.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Anthony James has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 3 times in 24 games this season.
- Anthony James recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Anthony James recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 3rd of his career.
- Anthony James set a career high with 10 defensive rebounds.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Marc Sonnen.
- Seth Tuttle set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.