(14-10, 4-8 away)
(18-6, 12-1 home)
Venue: Athletics-Recreation Center
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, February 05, 2013
||J Crittle 12
||J Crittle 5
||J Crittle 3
||R Broekhoff 22
||B Capobianco 9
||B Capobianco 9
On Tuesday, February 5th, UIC allowed Valparaiso to shoot 60% from the field and was easily defeated by the Crusaders 86-61 in conference play. The game got away from UIC early, as they dug themselves a 44-27 hole at halftime and never got back into it. The Flames are now 0-2 against Valparaiso this season. Jake Wiegand put up a season-high nine points and five rebounds for the Flames. Josh Crittle had 12 points and added five rebounds. For the Crusaders, Bobby Capobianco got 10 points and nine rebounds. The next game will be on Sunday, February 10th when UIC (14-10, 5-6 Horizon) travels to Youngstown State (13-10, 5-5 Horizon).
UIC Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 8:41 left to go.
- The last time UIC started the season 14-10 was 2007.
- The Flames have lost 78% of the time this season (2-7) after having a field goal percentage of 36.4% or worse.
- When the opposition records 30 or more field goals made this season, UIC has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- UIC set season lows for blocks (0), three-pointers (2), and three-point percentage (0.143).
- The Flames have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- UIC has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 7 games.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (14) than the starters (8).
- Josh Crittle has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 24 games this season.
- Josh Crittle has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Valparaiso Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Ryan Broekhoff and LaVonte Dority) accounted for 40.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Bobby Capobianco and Ryan Broekhoff) accounted for 45.4% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (22) than the starters (10).
- Ryan Broekhoff has led the team in scoring 14 times in 24 games this season.
- Bobby Capobianco has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 24 games this season.
- LaVonte Dority set a career high with 3 three-pointers.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Ryan Broekhoff's career.
- Ryan Broekhoff has 11 straight double-digit point games.
|-||Kevin Van Wijk||6||0||0||0||0||0||2|