On Tuesday, February 5th, Texas Tech got beat at home by No. 13 Kansas State 68-59 in conference play. The Red Raiders stay winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-3 for the season. The Red Raiders got 12 points and seven rebounds from Dejan Kravic. Jordan Tolbert had a season-high 19 points and added five rebounds. For the Wildcats, Rodney McGruder got a team-high 18 points and nine rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, February 9th when Texas Tech (9-11, 2-7 Big 12) goes to Baylor (14-7, 5-3 Big 12).
Texas Tech Game Notes
- Texas Tech started 9-11 during the 2010 and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- TTU beat the spread by 2 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Red Raiders have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, TTU played 41 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 6-35.
- Texas Tech has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 5 or fewer steals.
- When the opposition commits 9 or fewer turnovers this season, Texas Tech has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 4 or more blocks this season, Texas Tech has lost 80% of the time (2-8).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 43.4% or better this season, Texas Tech has lost 79% of the time (3-11).
- TTU set season lows for rebounds (20), three-pointers (3), and turnovers (4).
- Texas Tech has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 6 games.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--TTU has a -0.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jordan Tolbert accounted for 32.2% of the team's points.
- Dejan Kravic accounted for 35.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Jordan Tolbert has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 20 games this season.
- Dejan Kravic has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 20 games this season.
- Jordan Tolbert has 5 straight double-digit point games.
Kansas State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Rodney McGruder and Angel Rodriguez) accounted for 45.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Rodney McGruder and Shane Southwell) accounted for 42.1% of the rebounds.
- Rodney McGruder has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 6 times in 22 games this season.