No. 13 Kansas State squared off with Texas Tech on Tuesday, February 5th and won on the road versus the Red Raiders 68-59 in Big 12 play. The Wildcats got the win with a team-high 18 points and nine rebounds from Rodney McGruder. Shane Southwell scored five points and added seven rebounds. For the Red Raiders, Dejan Kravic got 12 points and seven rebounds. The Wildcats are on a five-game win streak. The next game will be on Saturday, February 9th when Kansas State (17-4, 6-2 Big 12) hosts Iowa State (16-6, 6-3 Big 12).
Kansas State Game Notes
- The last time K-State started the season 18-4 was 2009.
- The win over Texas Tech extended the Kansas State winning streak to 3 games.
- Kansas State has won every game this season (7-0) when its three-point percentage has been 40.0% or better.
- The Wildcats have won every game this season (12-0) after recording 38 or more rebounds.
- Kansas State has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after committing 9 or fewer turnovers.
- K-State has won every game this season (13-0) after holding an opponent to under 44.0% field goal percentage.
- K-State has won every game this season (11-0) when opponents record 9 or fewer assists.
- This season Kansas State has won 100% of the time (7-0) when Thomas Gipson has 12 points or more, 82% of the time (9-2) when Rodney McGruder plays 34 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (5-0) when Angel Rodriguez has 4 free throws made or more.
- K-State set season lows for assists (10) and steals (0).
- The Wildcats have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Rodney McGruder and Angel Rodriguez) accounted for 45.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Rodney McGruder and Shane Southwell) accounted for 42.1% of the rebounds.
- Rodney McGruder has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 6 times in 22 games this season.
Texas Tech Game Notes
- This loss extended the Red Raiders losing streak to 3 games.
- Jordan Tolbert accounted for 32.2% of the team's points.
- Dejan Kravic accounted for 35.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Jordan Tolbert has led the team in scoring 3 times in 20 games this season.
- Dejan Kravic has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 20 games this season.
- Jordan Tolbert has 5 straight double-digit point games.