Wake Forest was outscored 27-6 from beyond the arc by North Carolina and was blown out by the Tar Heels 87-62 in conference play on Tuesday, February 5th. Wake Forest dug a hole early, down 47-27 at the break, and was never able to get back in the game. The Demon Deacons got a good performance from Arnaud William Adala Moto, who put up a season-high 13 points and four rebounds. Devin Thomas got a double-double with 11 points and 13 rebounds. For the Tar Heels, James Michael McAdoo got 20 points and five rebounds. Next up for Wake Forest (10-12, 3-7 ACC) is Florida State (12-9, 4-4 ACC) on Saturday, February 9th on their home court.
Wake Forest Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 8:59 left to go.
- The last time WFU started the season 10-12 was 2006.
- Wake Forest has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 2 or fewer blocks.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.6% or better this season, Wake Forest has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 20 or more assists this season, Wake Forest has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 9 or more three-pointers this season, Wake Forest has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- The Demon Deacons set a season high for turnovers (21).
- The last time WFU recorded at least 21 turnovers was Mar 03, 2011 against Georgia Tech.
- WFU set season lows for three-pointers (2) and three-point percentage (0.111).
- Wake Forest has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Arnaud William Adala Moto and C.J. Harris) accounted for 40.3% of the points.
- Devin Thomas accounted for 39.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Devin Thomas has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 22 games this season.
- C.J. Harris has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Devin Thomas recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Devin Thomas has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Devin Thomas recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
North Carolina Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Reggie Bullock and James Michael McAdoo) accounted for 49.4% of the points.
- Reggie Bullock has led the team in scoring 5 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Reggie Bullock's career.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of James Michael McAdoo's career.
- James Michael McAdoo has 13 straight double-digit point games.