|Illinois State||J Carmichael 17.9||J Carmichael 9.4||K Keane 3.8|
|Drake||B Simons 14.4||J Clarke 8.0||R Carter 3.3|
On Wednesday, Illinois State travels to Knapp Center to take on Drake. The game tips off at 8:05 EST and you can see it on MC22 or ESPN3.com. The Redbirds lost to the Bulldogs 82-77 on January 12th and are 5-4 against them over the last four years.
Illinois State is in 9th place in the conference, Drake is in 5th place.
The 16 points by Tyler Brown helped the Redbirds to an 83-47 cakewalk over Southern Illinois on February 2nd. He leads the team in steals per game with 1.5 while also putting up 15.5 points per game. For the Bulldogs, Ben Simons put up 21 points and 5 rebounds in the 74-71 win over Indiana State on February 2nd. His 14.4 points per game is the highest mark on the team. From a tempo-free perspective, Drake is strong in effective field goal percentage at 52.9. This is good enough for 2nd in the conference and 40th in the nation.
- Illinois State can actually jump, with more rebounds (35.8 per game vs 31.3 per game) than Drake this season.
- Jackie Carmichael is ranked 28th nationally in points, 16th nationally in rebounds, and 38th nationally in blocks.
- Illinois State players are more experienced than Drake players (14,168 minutes played vs 12,291 minutes played).
- It must sting. Illinois State has blown out Drake by 20 points or more on 3 occasions since 1996.
- Kaza Keane is ranked 7th in the Missouri Valley in assists.
- Tyler Brown is ranked 6th in the Missouri Valley in points, 5th in the Missouri Valley in three-pointers, and 6th in the Missouri Valley in steals.
- Illinois State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (56.46% to 42.96%).
- Johnny Hill is ranked 9th in the Missouri Valley in steals.
- The Illinois State assist leader (Kaza Keane) has more assists than the Drake assist leader (Richard Carter).
- Normal isn't as congested as Des Moines (population is significantly lower).
- At least you keep showing up. Illinois State has an average margin of victory of 9 over Drake in 47 wins since 1981.
|D||Gary Ricks Jr.||15||3||1||1||0||0||0|