Mississippi State vs. Mississippi: Full Game Preview
|Mississippi State||F Thomas 10.5||G Ware 6.8||T Bloodman 2.7|
|Mississippi||M Henderson 19.5||M Holloway 10.1||J Summers 3.8|
Ole Miss plays host to Mississippi State at Tad Smith Coliseum on Wednesday. The game gets underway at 9:00 EST and you can catch it on CSS. The Rebels are 2-6 against the Bulldogs over the last four years. They lost 70-60 the last time they played (2/9/2012).
Ole Miss is in 2nd place in the conference, Mississippi State is in 11th place.
The Rebels were defeated by Florida 78-64 on February 2nd despite 25 points from Marshall Henderson. He leads the team with 19.5 points per game. For the Bulldogs, Gavin Ware put up 14 points and 7 rebounds in the 69-68 loss to LSU on February 2nd. He is averaging 8.9 points per game in addition to a team-best 6.8 rebounds per game.
Ole Miss appears to have a key statistical advantage in two areas. The Rebels have an edge in the turnover department, with an average of 11 per game to 17 per game for the Bulldogs. Ole Miss also has an advantage in scoring, 79 points per game to 61 points per game.
Mississippi State StatSmack
- Ole Miss is better at defending the three (28.5% allowed vs 33.7% allowed) than Mississippi State this season.
- The Ole Miss three-point leader (Marshall Henderson) has more three-pointers than the Mississippi State three-point leader (Fred Thomas).
- The Ole Miss assist leader (Jarvis Summers) has more assists than the Mississippi State assist leader (Trivante Bloodman).
- The Ole Miss basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Mississippi State (64% vs 43%).
- Murphy Holloway is ranked 8th in the SEC in points and 17th nationally in rebounds.
- Marshall Henderson is ranked 29th nationally in points and 6th nationally in three-pointers.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Ole Miss currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (990 to 965) than Mississippi State, per the NCAA.
- Be afraid. Ole Miss has blown out more teams than Mississippi State this season (6 blowouts vs 2).
- The Ole Miss blocks leader (Reginald Buckner) has more blocks than the Mississippi State blocks leader (Colin Borchert).
- We make our fans proud. Ole Miss has a better record at home than Mississippi State this season (11-1 vs 5-5).
- Jarvis Summers is ranked 3rd in the SEC in assists.