(2) Florida 69
(18-3, 6-3 away)
(14-8, 14-3 home)
Venue: Bud Walton Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 05, 2013
||M Rosario 15
||M Frazier II 9
||S Wilbekin 4
||B Young 13
||M Powell 6
||B Young 5
Even though they entered the game as an 11-point underdog, Arkansas pulled off an upset against No. 2 Florida 80-69 in conference action. The Razorbacks now have a record of 1-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Razorbacks were led by B.J. Young, who put up a team-high 13 points plus five assists. Coty Clarke had nine points and added four rebounds. For the Gators, Scottie Wilbekin finished with 14 points and seven rebounds. Next up for Arkansas (14-8, 5-4 SEC) is Vanderbilt (8-12, 2-6 SEC) on Saturday, February 9th on the road.
Arkansas Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:05 left to go.
- Arkansas started 14-8 during the 2010, 2006, 2000, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Arkansas beat the spread by 22.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Razorbacks have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, Arkansas played 28 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 12-16.
- Arkansas has won every game this season (7-0) when its field goal percentage has been 49.1% or better.
- The Razorbacks have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 19 or more assists.
- Arkansas has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) after committing 9 or fewer turnovers.
- This season Arkansas has won 71% of the time (12-5) when Marshawn Powell has 11 points or more and 80% of the time (4-1) when B.J. Young has 5 free throws made or more.
- Arkansas set a season low for blocks (1).
- The Razorbacks have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Arkansas has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--Arkansas has a 18.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (16) than the starters (14).
- B.J. Young has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 22 games this season.
- Marshawn Powell has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 22 games this season.
- Marshawn Powell has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- B.J. Young has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Florida Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Mike Rosario and Scottie Wilbekin) accounted for 42.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Michael Frazier II and Erik Murphy) accounted for 48.4% of the rebounds.
- Mike Rosario has led the team in scoring 8 times in 21 games this season.
- Scottie Wilbekin set a career high with 7 rebounds.
- Mike Rosario has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Patric Young.
|B||M. Frazier II||25||11||9||0||1||0||2|